Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And So It Begins...

Went to the park with my three boys on Memorial Day. And this is a direct quote from the twins,
"Daddy play catch with me!"
Yes indeed it was a big day for me as a Dad. For one it started my career as a crazed-sideline- coaching-parent. As I see it my kids will fulfill every wish and desire I had with professional sports and why not start right now! I want to teach my kids that sports are all hard work and discipline. If they want to have fun they can play patty-cake later. They must remember that the only way they will be able to afford college and please their father when they grow up is to play for the Cubs or if I'm in a generous mood the Sox. I mean just take a look at this face... ...can't you just see him in Cubby pinstripes snagging a home run by climbing the outfield ivy at Wrigley. I would love to go on but I think my vanity plates for my minivan are ready. They read CRZYDAD gotta go pick them up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good boy. Love the bat in the hands. Now the problem is, dont set him up for a life full of disappointment by making him a cubs fan. Even your oldest patient down in Lisle wasnt alive the last time the Cubs won anything. Now be a smart dad and make him a Sox fan!

J. Curtis Watson said...

Mark,
You obviously don't understand the joy that it is to be a Cubs fan. First of all you are never dissapointed. The bar is set so low that no matter what their record is it isn't anything we haven't seen before. Take for instance the Cubs mantra: "There's always next year." Of course it has now turned into: "There's always next century." No sadly Mark you are the one who has to actually have a team you have expectations for. I feel sorry for you and your World Series winning White Sox. Seriously, has anyone seen where I can get some old style beer...right now!

Anonymous said...

Curtis it appears that your son is preparing to swing the bat with his eyes closed . . . yup, he'd be perfect for the Cubs!

Anonymous said...

Hey thats kinda like what Soriano does when he tries to catch a fly ball. He'll make millions curtis!

I'll talk to my father-in-law about some old syle for you. It has essenitally replaced water in his vocabulary.

J. Curtis Watson said...

Why all the hate for my cubbies?

Anonymous said...

I actually have liked to watch the Cubs lately. I especially enjoyed the 2 that Wood blew against the Pirates where they lost in extra innings. Watching Wood is like watching NASCAR, catastrophe and injury is possible after every turn, in this case after every pitch. Oh, I also love the addition of Jim Edmonds' powerful bat and impressive bat speed. Go CUBS! Mark, how dare you question Soriano? We have to leave him alone now he is 'sensitive'!